WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk


"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

Thanks, but NO THANKS!!! Just in case, WTBW? is now officially endorsing Häagen-Dazs®

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breast is best...when nursing a baby. I would have to agree that it would be beyond repulsive eating ice cream made from milk from some random (I guess) woman. I want to know what women are going to be lining up to donate? Um, let me be the first to replace a cow! (;

Then there is the fact that what you eat is passed through the milk to the baby, or in this case, ice cream. If the woman donating eats broccoli, then your ice cream may be a chocolate broccoli flavor.
What if she is on a medication...I guess you would have Cherry Garcia with an added dose of prescription medication.

*Not that the idea of eating ice cream made of cow's milk is that much more enjoyable to think about, but it's just what we've always done. So, I am okay with it. I just try to avoid the thought of any animal that may have helped with any part of what I am eating.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad I don't eat ice cream any more :) Thanks for this morning's laugh :)

Onnie said...

That's hilarious David. I am actually allergic to cows milk. So my endorsement is for Vanilla Soy Dream. I do miss eating really dairy but the consequences are not worth it. I have found reasonable substitutes. Thanks for the laugh I really needed it!

Badger said...

Just remember, PETA's tactics are always to have such a ridiculous protest, ad campaign, or stunt that they get media attention. I really doubt that they are serious, they just want to get us to pay attention to them.

Still, if you are a nursing mother, you could make a killing!

Harlan Ellison actually wrote a short story about this scenario.