WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
- SIMPLE. We have to streamline, clarify & focus. Let's do few things well rather than many things poorly. We have to stop running people in a hundred different directions and overworking the few. Complexity is out - simplicity is in!
- INTENTIONAL. We must implement a process that will intentionally move people to the goal of Christ-likeness. Elders will shepherd people along this path. No more just hoping it happens accidentally! No more people going from spiritual diapers to spiritual depends! (This will also include developing a small group network to replace our anemic Wednesday night program,)
- BUZZ. We have to break out of the predictable rut in our assemblies. Let's shake it up and create anticpation and participation instead of autopilot boredom!
Well, that's it in a nutshell. I've prayed, I've prepared and I hope this flies with God's blessing and favor. Your prayers are sincerely appreciated. Thanks!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
In those days also I saw the Jews who had married women of Ashdod, Ammon, and Moab. And half of their children spoke the language of Ashdod, and they could not speak the language of Judah, but the language of each people. And I confronted them and cursed them and beat some of them and pulled out their hair. And I made them take oath in the name of God, saying, "You shall not give your daughters to their sons, or take their daughters for your sons or for yourselves. Did not Solomon king of Israel sin on account of such women? Among the many nations there was no king like him, and he was beloved by his God, and God made him king over all Israel. Nevertheless, foreign women made even him to sin. Shall we then listen to you and do all this great evil and act treacherously against our God by marrying foreign women?" Nehemiah 13:23-27 (ESV)
Wow! Maybe the next time some Christian guy asks me to perform the marriage ceremony for him and his pagan fiancee I should inact this practice!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Thursday, February 15, 2007
BTW, I'm preaching on Nehemiah Sunday after next! I'm going to be fired up!
Monday, February 12, 2007
Dungy as quoted in the AP writeup: "We took the hit early with Devin Hester. We talked about it; it's going to be a storm. Sometimes you have to work for it. Our guys played so hard and I can't tell you how proud I am of our group, our organization and our city."
Dungy's actual remarks: "We took the hit early with Devin Hester, but we talked about it, we said it's going to be a storm. We said the Lord doesn't always bring you directly through. Sometimes you gotta work for it. And, um, our guys just hung tough and played so hard and I can't tell you how proud I am of our group, our organization and our city right now."
Slightly different, huh?
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
- Super Bowl 24: John Elway was 10 of 26 for 108 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Elway is practically deified these days.
- Super Bowl 27: The Bills duo of Reich and Kelly were 22 of 38 for 276 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT. Hmmm...
- Super Bowl 34: McNair threw for just over 200 yards, but had no TDs and no INTs. This is from "Air" McNair!
- Super Bowl 35: Kerry Collins went 15 of 39 for 112 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 INT. That is worse than Grossman.
- Super Bowl 39: McNabb threw for almost 400 yards and 3 TD, but he also threw 3 INT. I know Rush got in trouble but 3 picks from Donovan?
- Grossman was 20/28 for 165 yards, 1 TD 2 INT in the rain!
Or how about the other QB's who face these same Colts in the playoffs...
- Trent Green -- 14-24 107yds 1TD 1INT 2 fumbles 1 lost
- Steve NcNair -- 18-29 173yds 0TD 2INT 1 fumble 1 lost
- Tom Brady -- 21-34 232yds 1TD 1INT 1 fumble 0 lost
- Grossman -- 20-28 165yds 1TD 2INT 2 fumbles 1 lost in the rain!
They are out to get Rex. He must be a member of the NRA or something!
- What's up with the lady on her cell phone "working out" on the leg press? Hey, Lady... Hang up and get up! By the way - multiple sets with 20lbs. will NOT help you!
- What's the deal with guys in work boots? You can afford a membership but not decent pair of shoes for the gym? Probably all that money you are spending on Skoal!
- Okay, does anyone really believe "water aerobics" are effective? Has anyone ever seen even a relatively fit person in one of these classes. I think "working out" with styrofoam dumbells in a pool actually produces weight gain. At least that's the way it looks from my vantage point in the whirlpool.
- I know I'm supose to respect my elders but why do people in their twighlight years just sit on machines at the gym? Shouldn't they be at Hardee's instead?
- Last but not least: Will the guy who wears the same repulsive smelling t-shirt every day PLEASE WASH IT! People are walking by holding their breath and grimacing at the smell. C'mon already!
Thanks. I feel much better now.