WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Yeah, Another Gym Vent...


I like blogging because it's a great place for an occasional vent session. Here is another cathartic moment from me about the gym.
  • What's up with the lady on her cell phone "working out" on the leg press? Hey, Lady... Hang up and get up! By the way - multiple sets with 20lbs. will NOT help you!
  • What's the deal with guys in work boots? You can afford a membership but not decent pair of shoes for the gym? Probably all that money you are spending on Skoal!
  • Okay, does anyone really believe "water aerobics" are effective? Has anyone ever seen even a relatively fit person in one of these classes. I think "working out" with styrofoam dumbells in a pool actually produces weight gain. At least that's the way it looks from my vantage point in the whirlpool.
  • I know I'm supose to respect my elders but why do people in their twighlight years just sit on machines at the gym? Shouldn't they be at Hardee's instead?
  • Last but not least: Will the guy who wears the same repulsive smelling t-shirt every day PLEASE WASH IT! People are walking by holding their breath and grimacing at the smell. C'mon already!

Thanks. I feel much better now.

No comments: