WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's a DOG!


Something is happening that I find very disturbing: the personification & humanization of dogs! It drives me crazy and it is rampant, even in my extended family. I heard some radio talkshow dude addressing this topic today and I thought he was absolutely right. It's just flat out nuts how people think their animals are "human." I hear stuff like "They're just like people" and "They're just like children." THEY ARE NOT! They are dogs! Dogs are cool & I have 2, but they aren't like my children. My children do not poop in the yard & smell peoples' rear ends! Where does it stop? Doggie clothes, doggie daycare and doggie treats are just some of the signs that people are simply losing it. By the way...that's our dog, LuLu in the picture. Notice how my children & their friends have dressed her up. I guess they think she's just like them too! Oh no...

3 comments:

Badger said...

The very fact that dogs DO poop in the yard is one of the reasons that I like dogs over children. No diapers, no toilet training, just open the door and out they go. If they misbehave, swat them with a rolled up newspaper. If you go on vacation, put them in a little jail for the week (dog boarding place): try THAT with a kid.

No, we don't dress them up or carry ours in a purse (thank you, Paris Hilton), but I do talk to them... it's more refreshing than talking to most people!

Thanks for the add!

Soren said...

Amen brother! I love our dog, but she's a dog.

Cat people are the ones who are really nuts.

Badger said...

Just went and bought two dog dishes and a cat dish for my pets' food. The pet dishes cost too much, so Ijust bought ceramic human dishes (for about 2 bucks each).

Still, I thought of you while buying special eating bowls for my pets!