WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, February 26, 2007

RIL Group



I've been blessed, challenged and inspired by a group I've been participating in recently. I'm a part of a "Revolution in Leadership" group that meets in my area. Our purpose is based upon the Reggie McNeal book, "Revolution in Leadership: Training Apostles For Tomorrow's Church." Sure, the "apostle" word made me a wee bit uncomfortable at first, but he doesn't mean in it the TV preacher sense or in the "David Willis, Founder, Pastor, Bishop, Apostle & General Overseer" sense. It's a small book but it's packed with good stuff. I started studying it and discussing it with some peers many months ago. Recently we rolled out RIL Groups in various areas around the state. Tomorrow we will be discussing "vision." It should be interesting since so many people have different takes on the subject and it can get convoluted at times. You know....vision...mission...purpose...values...strategy...blah, blah, blah! I think I might have a handle on it and it is really driving me forward in my ministry. I'm about as fired up these days as I have been in a long time.

No comments: