WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?
I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Well, I heard that that N.A.C.C. (North American Christian Convention) was actually the N.A.L.C.C. ( North American LIBERAL Christian Convention). Thus far I it hasn't been too "liberal." It has been great. The preaching has been strong and I'm having great time with my brother and friend Mike (Soren) Kjergaard. I'll post in detail upon return to Virginia.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Well tomorrow I'll be off to the N.A.C.C. for the 1st time. I'm sure this will be a memorable experience. It will cool to be there with all of the RM royalty walking around: Russell, Stone, Lucado, Staton, Lawson, Idleman and many other "bigtimers" & "mainstreamers." I'm especially looking forward to the preaching. They have some heavy hitters lined up from both sides of the keyboard. I'm also looking forward to hanging with my friend Mike "Soren" Kjergaard as well as meeting some other brethren for the first time.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
I've just started reading Ann Coulter's new book: Godless: The Church of Liberalism. Wow! Ann really let's it rip. She writes, "Everything liberals believe is in elegant opposition to basic Biblical precepts." She has proven her point quite well thus far. Every page is full of headshots & knockout punches to liberals. Her arguments are outstanding and her wit is extraordinary. If you are a "right wing religious extremest" like me, get the book.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I don't even know what it is, but I love asiago cheese especially on a bagel from Panera. A new Panera opened this morning right up the street from my house! This is great, yet it has bad implications for my waist line. I'm sure to gain weight, but it will be a joy. I first discovered Panera many years ago in Wichita. The first one arrived here about a year ago and it is packed all the time. Last night I was ridng by on my bike when I noticed a crowd inside their building. I stopped to inquire and got a free sandwich. It was a "practice" night for new employees, so everyone who stopped in got $10 worth of free food. Excellent!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
I have some venting... I'm really tired of the following...
- The "club mentality" that is so prevalent in the church.
- "Churchianity" & "Christianiy Lite."
- Biblical ignorance.
- "Megachurch" wannabes.
- Fencestraddlers, compromisers & the like.
- People who don't give in order to "send a message."
- Preachers who follow every detail of Rick Warren's playbook.
- Faultfinders in general.
- Those who elevate tradition over the Bible.
- Those who come "to church" to punch the clock.
- THE INABILITY OF BELIEVERS TO PRACTICE DISCERNMENT.
- Majoring in minors.
- Putting hope in politicians & parties to change our culture.
- Keeping up with the Jones.
- TV preachers in general. (The radio guys are even worse!)
- Word of Faith charlatans.
- People who think legalism & traditionalism are marks of biblical faithfullness.
- LAST & LEAST: Fast food places that goof up my order seemingly every time!
Thanks letting me get that off of my chest.