WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, June 20, 2006

VENT



I have some venting... I'm really tired of the following...
  • The "club mentality" that is so prevalent in the church.
  • "Churchianity" & "Christianiy Lite."
  • Biblical ignorance.
  • "Megachurch" wannabes.
  • Fencestraddlers, compromisers & the like.
  • People who don't give in order to "send a message."
  • Preachers who follow every detail of Rick Warren's playbook.
  • Faultfinders in general.
  • Those who elevate tradition over the Bible.
  • Those who come "to church" to punch the clock.
  • THE INABILITY OF BELIEVERS TO PRACTICE DISCERNMENT.
  • Majoring in minors.
  • Putting hope in politicians & parties to change our culture.
  • Keeping up with the Jones.
  • TV preachers in general. (The radio guys are even worse!)
  • Word of Faith charlatans.
  • People who think legalism & traditionalism are marks of biblical faithfullness.
  • LAST & LEAST: Fast food places that goof up my order seemingly every time!

Thanks letting me get that off of my chest.

No comments: