WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, July 26, 2006

They say it happens around 3


I had heard that boys want to hang out with their Dad more and more when they reach around three years old. Well, it's happening at our house and it is very cool. My boy, Preston, is getting extra tight with me right now. He wants to go with me when I leave. He always wants to ride in Daddy's car. (BTW it is a 91 Honda Civic without A/C!). He was pretty clingy with his Mom, but things are changing fast. "Boys are strong... Daddy has big muscles...Daddy's car is fast..." Right now he is Robin and I'm Batman. How long will this last? Probably when puberty hits! I'll enjoy it while I can. To the Batcave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave!!!! Your little boy is sooo cute. Enjoy being Batman for as long as you can because before you know it.......Poof!!! You're the dumbest person on the planet!! Right now Ward and I don't have the sense God gave a billy goat (according to Chuck) and speaking of Chuck. For someone who knows everything and has all the answers...can't seem to get through a summer without summer school!! Uhm....
Hope you are doing well. You can check out some of my new stuff at www.myspace.com/tonjarose
Keep in touch.
Tonja

David H. Willis said...

Wow! What a great surprise. It's nice to hear from you. I know I'd be stunned to see Chuck these days. I still picture him as that little boy back at Christ's Church. Please tell Ward and Church "hey." Mike K. & Dave keep me updated about you all. I hope you are doing well. I'm off to check out your website.

David