WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, July 13, 2006

Because He's Jesus!


So I'm teaching some 3rd - 5th graders at VBS.... I'm telling them of a time when Jesus is being surrounded by a huge crowd. I ask "Why were so many people coming to see Jesus?" I'm expecting answers like "Because he would heal them" or "Because he did miracles" or "Because he would feed them." Then on one boy raises his hand and answers "Because he's Jesus!" It was done with one of those "duh, don't you get it" kind of expressions on his face. I loved it. I wonder what he was thinking. Here's his preacher asking a such a dumb question. Why were people coming to see Jesus"? Well, because he's Jesus!

No comments: