WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, October 01, 2008

How's Your Walk?

Eph 4:1-2--"Walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called…”

1 Cor 7:17--"As the Lord has assigned to each one, as God has called each, in this manner let him walk."

2 Cor 5:7--"We walk by faith, not by sight."

Eph 2:10--We were "created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

Eph 4:17--"Walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind."

Eph 5:2--"Walk in love."

Eph 5:8--"Walk as children of light."

Eph 5:15-16--"Be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil."

3 John 3-4--"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone's got a pretty decent sermon series in the works...

David H. Willis said...

Now that's a good idea. I may have to use it in 09.

William Mckinley Dyer said...

3 John 3-4 verse...that opposite of that is i have no greater sadness than this that my children are leaving the truth or walking in error.
I just posted a blog that hits on that very point before i even read this. What a coincidence

David H. Willis said...

Cool. I'm preaching on 3 John Sunday. Another coincidence.