WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm back

It's been a a while since I've posted anything here. I know the masses have been waitng anxiously, but 've been enjoying some time off. Hopefully I took vacation from Christmas through the new year and have really just settled back into the normal schedule. Sunday night our church worked at the Port Winter Shelter here in Newport News. I do the all night shift and it was fun hanging out and laughing all night. Most churches have one or two people work all night but not us. We had eight! You don't need that many but it makes it much more enjoyable and it's fun see how people act at the 3 AM, etc. Fortunately we had a WaWA across the street so several trips there for coffee & donuts helped us make through the night. It's always an interesting time to work with the "homeless." Some are plain pitiful and others are just working the system, but sometimes it's especially sad. There was a woman with a baby this time. I wonder how people end up in these predicamants and am all the more thankful for my family and friends and home.

No comments: