- Romney: He certainly looks presidential. I kind of feel sorry for him and I'm not sure why. He's looks to be the Republican's Howard Dean with his great fall. Ooh he just lauched a cheap shot at Paul. I don't feel sorry for him anymore.
- Thompson: My mind just wanders when he talks. He's sinking like a rock so I expect he will turn it up a couple of notches tonight and he is. He's just hammered Huckabee. Desperation I think. Fred is bouncing back with a nice "virgin" reference in the context of radical muslims potentially "attacking" a U.S. Navy vessel. Another one - a dig at the NY Times. I have to give him credit for not going down without a fight.
- McCain: Here he goes with his "straight talk." "McCain-Kennedy Bill" - 'nuff said. He looks like he could use a nap. He's getting fired up now - the surge always gets him going.
- Guliani: I'm liking his tax cut talk. He's the lefty" on this stage however. I also noticed that he apparently is required to use the term "leader" and reference Reagan in every response.
- Paul: The guy is principled and I like the way he irritates the others. He always works the Consitution into the debate. Imagine that! He also skillfully catalogs the Republicans' big slide backwards in recent years. He just got McCain pretty good and I liked it.
- Huckabee: Did he say "fair tax?" Yes he did! He's talking tough - a "gates of hell" reference. I'm sure someone will now ask if he believes in a literal hell!
Okay the debate is half over and I just lost my connection (I'm watching over the internet in my cable tv free house). So I'm out...