WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, January 10, 2008

FOX Republican Debate

I'm watching the FOX Republican debate right now. My initial reactions...
  • Romney: He certainly looks presidential. I kind of feel sorry for him and I'm not sure why. He's looks to be the Republican's Howard Dean with his great fall. Ooh he just lauched a cheap shot at Paul. I don't feel sorry for him anymore.
  • Thompson: My mind just wanders when he talks. He's sinking like a rock so I expect he will turn it up a couple of notches tonight and he is. He's just hammered Huckabee. Desperation I think. Fred is bouncing back with a nice "virgin" reference in the context of radical muslims potentially "attacking" a U.S. Navy vessel. Another one - a dig at the NY Times. I have to give him credit for not going down without a fight.
  • McCain: Here he goes with his "straight talk." "McCain-Kennedy Bill" - 'nuff said. He looks like he could use a nap. He's getting fired up now - the surge always gets him going.
  • Guliani: I'm liking his tax cut talk. He's the lefty" on this stage however. I also noticed that he apparently is required to use the term "leader" and reference Reagan in every response.
  • Paul: The guy is principled and I like the way he irritates the others. He always works the Consitution into the debate. Imagine that! He also skillfully catalogs the Republicans' big slide backwards in recent years. He just got McCain pretty good and I liked it.
  • Huckabee: Did he say "fair tax?" Yes he did! He's talking tough - a "gates of hell" reference. I'm sure someone will now ask if he believes in a literal hell!

Okay the debate is half over and I just lost my connection (I'm watching over the internet in my cable tv free house). So I'm out...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to see all of it, but I have it on the DVR so I plan to watch it. The gloves are starting to come off for some of them. Huckabee and Thompson's religious references were classic lines. It will be interesting to see what plays out heading into Super Tuesday.

Soren said...

I missed the debate, but I enjoyed your summary.

I like the new pics!

Soren said...

Saw this on Wade Hodges' blog. Thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

David H. Willis said...

Thanks for the link but I'm already a member! So is Wade an Hall & Oates fan too? Apparently so. The most successful duo in history! Daryl's still got it even in his 60's.