WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Really?

I was thinking about statements that usually don't mean what they seem to say. Some actually mean the opposite of what they say. Consider these...

  • It's not about the money. (Oh, yes it is!)
  • We're not leaving the church (Almost always means they will be gone soon!)
  • We will be there at church this Sunday (Unless a better option should come up!)
  • It's not that I dislike "so & so" (Sure you don't.)
  • I try to be the best Christian I can be (Hmmm...)
  • I'm not trying to have it my way (Yes, you are.)
  • I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong (Admit it - that's exactly what you're saying.)
  • I don't know everything (Okay, almost everything.)
  • I'm not prejudiced (The requisite disclaimer for all discussions about race, gender, etc.)
  • I probably shouldn't say this, BUT... (But you're going to anyway!)
  • Tell me truth, I can handle it (No, you can't!)
  • I really don't care what people think (Right...)

There are many more. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Soren said...

Brother you are so right about these. I have heard them all.