WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy re-birthday to me!

January 3oth. It was on this date way back in 1983 that I became a Christian. (Many will remember this as the day when the Redskins beat the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII). It's hard to believe it was that long ago. I can still rememebr it vividly. I walked forward during the "invitation song." I professed my faith in Christ. Then I was baptized resulting in the forgivenss of my sins and God giving me the gift of the Holy Spirit. Amazing! There are many things for which I can be thankful but none compare to the salvation I found in Jesus Christ! I will always be eternally grateful to those who shared the gospel with me! Soemtimes i wonder what would've become of me without Christ. Scary, huh?

4 comments:

Soren said...

I will celebrate your re-birth, but why do you always have to connect it with my Dolphins getting beat?

Melissa said...

Happy re-birthday! I am so glad you had a re-birthday...seeing as if it hadn't been for your influence back in my late teen years, I may not have found my way back to God. May God bless you and your work :)

Anonymous said...

My re-birth day is April 14, 1973.

I'm looking for number 35, this year.

Praise God, I'm STILL HERE! grrrrr.

"Sterling"

David H. Willis said...

Sterling,

Thanks for stopping in.