WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, May 21, 2007

Good Wedding

If you read WTBW? you know one of my least favorite ministerial duties is officiating weddings and everything that goes with it. So, thought I'd share positive wedding experience. This past Saturday I officiated (I like that word) a wedding for a young couple and I actually enjoyed myself. I really like both families and the bride & groom as well. They had dated for several years and the really do seem right for each other. I can't say that in every case! The ceremony went well in spite of a few bumps in the rehearsal road. They had a guy sing who really could sing. That was refreshing. Everyone was happy and I was too. This doesn't mean I'm going to be a wedding chaplain in my retirement years, but I did have fun this time around.

No comments: