WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Farewell Falwell


Readers of WTBW might be surprised that I was an admirer of the late Jerry Falwell. Sure I couldn't accept his positions on baptism or the end times, but I still liked him. He was a conservative rock and was particularly prominent in my early days when I was forming my religious and political worldviews....back in the days of Reagan. He stood firmly againt the immoral tide rushing over the land then and now. He was probaly the most abused religious leader in modern history. He was made fun of and worse by many. I went with my parents to hear him preach when I was very young. My dad always liked him. I liked him too and I really appreciated his strong and unwavering stance on social and moral issues. He was a champion of the conservative religious right and he wasn't some whacko either. It's sad that a lot of godless nut cases will revel in his passing.

No comments: