WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sure I was excited...


Sure I was excited when Joe Gibbs dramatically came back to the Redskins. There appeared to be a return to glory in Washington's future. That was then. The Redskins are no where near the upper echelon of the league. In fact, they are firmly planted in the lower tier of the NFL. Joe is highly paid and has the highest paid (or over paid) staff in history. He continues to waste $$$ (but Snyder has plenty). He contines to waste draft picks (and Snyder doesn't have plenty). It isn't 1983 and Joe's simply not getting it done. It's time for Danny to turn over the team to a less legendary guy and start building a franchise for the modern era. I know this will make me a Benedict Arnold to the faithful but it's been over for the legend for quite a while. Any less legendary guy would have already cleaned out his desk. Admittedly, I'm not the football fan I was when I was 16, but Joe's not the coach he was back then either!

No comments: