WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, November 16, 2006

Old Folks Home


"Old folks home?" "Nursing home?" "Convalescent home?" Whatever you call it I went to one today: Riverside Regional Convalescent Center. I was filling for another local preacher. I got to speak to 20-30 folks and some staff people too. It's my second time and it was a blast! I really like preaching there. The residents are so appreciative. I can't help but think that they would be considered the "least of these." My sermon was "Desperate People Do Desperate Things" from Luke 8:40-56. I hope they'll have me back soon.

No comments: