WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Surpised?

I guess I should learn from experience that just about anything is possible in the "church." Yet, somehow, I'm usually still surprised when things happen (or don't). It's amazing the power that Satan still wields when it comes to bringing down the saints. Truly no one is immune or off limits. Sometimes I feel like I am paddling in a boat with a giant hole in it while watching my friends being eaten by sharks! Paddling - bailing - paddling - bailing - AND SLOWLY SINKING! I have to say I'm looking forward to Satan getting an eternal beat down in Hell! I really am! For now, however, he seems to be "getting it done" with his attacks on my brothers and sisters. Many are getting pummeled by the adversary while the rest of us seem unconcerned or faintly concerned. Hey, we've got stuff to do - important stuff (TV, shopping, movies, recreation, entertainment, etc.) that keeps us away from our falling (& fallen) brethren. Lord, please help us...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. He knows how to bait the hook, using things that are otherwise good to lure us into sin or away from what we're supposed to be as a church. Dealing with some of that now...