WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Jesus is Coming Back!

This past Sunday I preached on the return of Jesus at the Cedar Creek Church of Christ. I believe the church desperately needs a renewed sense of anticipation for the return of the Lord. Below is a quote (it's a good one) I used from John MacArthur:
"The first time He came the reality of the fullness of His person was hidden. The next time He comes, it won't be. The next time there will be no Bethlehem, there will be no stable, there will be no manger, there will be no carpenter shop, there will be no humble village. There will be no poverty, no dusty roads to walk, no sinners to attack Him and grieve Him, no false religious leaders to oppose Him. There will be no demons who will stalk His steps, no soldiers to pound nails into His hands and thorns into His brow. There will be no spear run into His side. There will be no cross, not the next time. The next time He comes it is the unveiling. There will be no humble form. There will be no servant form. There will be no human form alone, but only that glorified God/Man in full blazing Shekinah presence."



5 comments:

William Mckinley Dyer said...

Maranatha Lord Jesus

Melissa said...

BTW, great sermon you did at Cedar Creek...I downloaded the podcast. I really do miss hearing you preach!!

David H. Willis said...

Thanks Melissa. I was very nervous especially at the beginning.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever told you that you sound a little like Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs?" Maybe its just me (my wife swears I am deaf), but I started streaming the podcast, and I thought that I should be hearing a pitch for Ford trucks or a story about maggot farmers (or something dirty).

David H. Willis said...

I haven't heard that, but I like that dude's pipes.