- President Obama is a good speaker. However, I do not get the absolute fawning and infatuation that many pundits exhibit. Please! These people are mesmerized? Again, the President is a very good speaker - he's well prepared, his speeches are well written, he's comfortable & confident, and he delivers his message very well. I get that and appreciate it. BUT, again, I don't get the enraptured's praise. Admittedly, comparisons to his predecessor must contribute to the hype.
- I couldn't stop looking at Biden & Pelosi. I think the President should bring some more change to Washington and have the two of them seated in the audience. it's weird but it seemed like they should be extra's on the Adam's family or something.
- Biden's hyper-white teeth smiles and robotic clapping annowed me, but not nearly as much as his sidekick. She really bugged me...
- Nancy "Jack in the Box" Pelosi looked liked she'd been trainingg for this event. She sprang to her feet with the explosiveness of a preteen cheerleader. And what's up with her mouth? I guess all the work she's had done was bothering her or perhaps the heavy lipstick was irritating, but she kept doing these weird things with her mouth. Again, she needs to be in the audience, not behind the President on national TV!
- Finally, this is the first time I watched such an event in HD. Boy, those guys up there are....how shall I say it....quite advanced in years. I'm not saying that seniors should be disqualifed - I just happen to notice that it looked a little like Obama's speech to the AARP duting his campaign.
- Now about the substance of the President's speech... What substance?
Have a lovely day!