WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Newt?


Yeah, Newt. Attention Republicans. Meet your presidential candidate: Newt Gingrich. Notice I didn't write my presidential candidate. I saw Newt this morning on one of the morning shows and I believe he's going to be the guy for the GOP. Fred Thompson has not gained traction and the others seemed to be without much momentum. Someone will fill the void and Newt is an opportunist. Here he comes again with and 6 point plan (another contract with America?). A lot of folks love Newt, but I've never been a big fan. He seems to be an establishment guy akin to William Bennett. I used to like those guys until they both unleashed hatchet jobs on Pat Buchanan many years ago when Pat became competition to their candidate in the primaries. Anyway, Newt vs. Hillary ought to generate some entertaining debates.

No comments: