WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, September 13, 2007

I don't get it


I know fantasy football is a big deal these days, but I just don't get it! I played one year after being talked into it by a brother in law. I lost interest pretty rapidly. I kept thinking "Who cares?" I mean the trash talking alone was beyond silly. There's something about a bunch of non-athletes (or athletes for that matter) talking smack about their fantasy teams and idolizing "their players" that brings the unflattering term "jock sniffer" to mind. Is it just me or does this whole fantasy thing seem a little juvenile? I know it's popular and surely I'm overstating things, but c'mon! Get away from your TV and your computer and, yes, your cell phone and go do something productive!

3 comments:

Soren said...

I'm with you Wilis.

Get a life people.

David H. Willis said...

That reminds me...I'm reading a book called "Get a Life" by Reggie McNeal. It's pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Don't hate the playa...

Besides I am kicking butt in my league this year!