WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, December 15, 2008

Servant's Heart?

This past Saturday our Men's ministry (M.A.S.H. = Men Activley Serving Him) were out on Warwick boulevard doing some clean up. We "adopted" a strip on the nearby road and regularly go out and pick up all the junk & trash people throw down. One quick note: Smokers have to be the biggest polluters per capita! If I had a dollar for every cigarette butt...

Now back to my story...

I'm riding with one of our guys to our starting point. for clean up effort. As we pull up to the group he rolls down the window and says, "Look what I found - a preacher with a servant's heart." For some reason that just struck me. Are preachers not seen as men with servant's hearts? Or were they surprised by my willingness to help? Hmmm. A servant's heart? Now, I'd expect to hear "a heart for the truth" or perhaps "a heart for preaching." I don't know that I've ever been identified as someone with a servant's heart. Maybe someone thought it once, but didn't verbalize it!

A servant's heart? I need to work on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both, brother.