WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Sunday, December 14, 2008

Budget Time

Today was our annual budget meeting at church. This isn't the congregational one; it's just the one with the leadership discussing things and hashing out details. It was relatively painless, but I'm still glad it's only an annual event. I'm thankful our guys are committed to being good stewards. I suppose we are like many churches in that we tend run below "budget" all year long and then finish in the black at the very end. The last Sunday is always, without exception, the best. It's like an annual Christmas bonus! During these tough economic times we've had to tighten our belts somewhat. I'm sure you have too.

1 comment:

William Mckinley Dyer said...

So i heard you made some pinches in the budget to make room to sign me as a Free Agent to some sorta Campus Ministry