WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Bike


I landed an unbelievable deal on bike yesterday. My lovely wife was at Conte's Bike Shop here in Newport News when another customer was looking to sell his bike. He'd just bought a new bike and was looking to make some $ on his not so old one. Well the price he asks is very low for the quality of what he was selling. Then Walt (coolest bike store owner around) suggests my wife might want to call me... then I head to the store. The guy was my height, etc. We contemplate it for few moments then make the deal. Walt is taking parts from my current bike and putting them on my new one. I should have it in a couple of days. I guess now I'll have to start riding again (I've been slack since the MS-150). Anyway, the bike is a Cannondale CAAD 9 - handmade in the USA. It's actually the frame the Conte's racing team uses here. It still has the team logo on it, so I hope I don't make them look too bad when I'm slowly riding through town. Someone suggested I wear an "in training" jersey. Maybe so...


The guys at Contes (Newport News) are the best. If you're looking to ride I highly recommend them to you.

No comments: