WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, August 04, 2008

Funerals...

I recently went to three funerals in four days (Two I "officiated"). They were all for believers and that does make a difference for sure. Also, all them were very advanced in age and their deaths were somewhat expected. It's interesting to be at funerals and see the wide range of people...young and old - generations together. Some dressed up, pthers casual. Ecclesiastes 3:8a: "a time to weep and a time to laugh" always comes to mind. At funerals (memorials, celebrations of life, homegoings, et al.) you see people who haven't seen each other in years enjoying a laugh over a good memory while others weep in sadness at the loss as they too remember. These same people might switch roles moments later. Together: Tears & smiles, mourning & rejoicing, weeping & laughing...and somehow it just makes sense. Thank God.

No comments: