WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, July 07, 2008

Wimbeldon Wow!


6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 9-7 = the best tennis tennis match ever? Rafael Nadal defeated Roger Federer in an "epic" match at Wimbeldon yesterday. This finals match was one of the best matches ever and many commentators are calling it the best ever. That's what John McEnroe thinks and he certainly knows a little bit about the sport. The Nadal vs. Federer match-ip is reminiscient of the McEnroe vs. Borg rivalry of my youth. I still think the 1980 Wimdledon finals between John & Bjorn is the greatest ever. Of course, that's my bias along with some nostalgia talking. Bjorn was my favorite. I couldn't stand McEnroe at all. Ironically, I like him now, especially as a commentator. I didn't like Federer much when he arrived on the scene, but now I'm disappointed that Nadal has knocked him off. It sort of reminded of when McEnroe began to eclipse Borg. I'm just not ready to buy Federer being done yet. The U.S. Open is just around the corner...

1 comment:

Soren said...

That was awesome! I had to leave to play a church softball game, and when I returned they were still playing (thanks to the rain delay). I'm glad I got to see the last set. Wow!