WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, July 03, 2008

AKA "Sprocket"

"Sprocket" over at Insipid Garbage is saying something again. I crossed paths with this blogger & brother on a internet discussion board many moons ago. He was a posting machine. I liked him right away and usually found myself in the same corner with him during many of those discussions (debates). He wrote very well, was insightful, and his keen wit flavored many of his posts. He was conservative without being a neanderthal & progressive without being an airhead compromiser. I got to meet Robert at a convention a couple of years ago and he stopped in at Olivet on a Sunday during his vacation last year. I'm glad he's out here in the blogosphere. If you haven't checked him out, I hope you do.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Wow, talk about an uplift, thanks for the kind words! That means a lot, especially coming from you, someone who I respect a lot: a preacher who is not ashamed of the Gospel and is doing great things without compromising or selling out! Enjoyed meeting you and your church family last year, wish we could stop in again this year, but it looks like we will be in the mountains of Virginia instead of the coast.

Thanks again, you made my day.

David H. Willis said...

You're quite welcome!