WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ouch!

Night before last I'm using the microwave to make a cup of HOT tea. I take the cup out (boiling by the way) set it down and as a go for the milk....OUCH!!! Somehow I inadvertantly my hand got hung up with the tea bag stringy thing & dumped the cup over. The dumb part was my reflexes took over and a tried to keep the cup upright allowing boiling to tea to pour over my left hand. Again: OUCH!!! I was up until about 3 A.M. with my hand in a bowl of ice water. I even downed some pain killers. Man that hurt. There I was wanting to sleep but I couldn't. If I took my hand out of the ice it quickly started killing me. On the other hand, (no pun intended) I kept thinking that I mustn't fall asleep because I'd end up with frost bite! What a night.

5 comments:

Levi said...

man that sounds like pain! Hope it gets better soon.

Melissa said...

Hope you didn't suffer any serious burns. Sounds very painful. Feel better soon. And Happy Early Birthday :)

David H. Willis said...

Thanks. I'm fine now.

Anonymous said...

I bet if you sued Lipton, someone would take the case! That old lady who sued McDonalds over the spilled coffee won! LOL

David H. Willis said...

You might be on to something Larry. I don't remember any warning labels on the box.