WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, April 03, 2008

Seldom Wrong, Never in Doubt: Not the Usual Post: A SWNID Sermon

Seldom Wrong, Never in Doubt: Not the Usual Post: A SWNID Sermon

"I chose my topic because I hate it. I loathe it. It comes into my life again and again. It wears me down. It makes me sick. It makes my heart ache. It strikes fear in my heart. I want to avoid it, ignore it, pretend that it doesn’t touch me. But it does again and again. And I know that the same is true for you. My topic is death." To read more click above.

This message from CCU professor Jon Weatherly was very compelling. I heard it a year ago online. I remembered it recently and started searching for it again. I found it (obviously), but the audio doesn't work anymore. I generally don't like to read long articles, etc. on my computer screen, but this sermon is definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Long, but definitely worth the read. Thanks for sharing it. It gives me something to think about.