WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, February 27, 2008

William F. Buckley Jr.,


William F. Buckley Jr., has died at the age of 82. I remember him from many years ago. He had to have to biggest vocabualry ever! He was often imitated but he was a one of a kind. He was the founder of the National Review magazine which was a mouthpiece for political conservatism for decades. Lately it has become a little too neocon for me, but it remains a prominent voice in the politcal world. I didn't study Buckley closely but I did listen when I saw him on TV and a I suscribed to National Review for a few years. I liked Willliam F. Buckley. Sorry to see him go, but we all have to go eventually!

No comments: