WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Prophecy?


I was asked recently what I was reading. Well, it's not the latest in church growth...it's a book about prophecy. When's the last I've read a book on this topic? I have no idea. I'm like most I know - we avoid the topic of prophecy. We're covering eschatology in Sunday School so I figured I'd better brush up a little. So I started reading "Nobody Left Behind" by David Vaughn Elliot. Obviously his book is partially devoted to debunking the popular "Left Behind" series which does skillfully. I have to admit that I really like this book (I'm almost finished). His views are "old school" and he'll draw conclusions that are sure to make the ecumenically inclined most uncomfortable. So if you're looking for a relativley simple, yet very good book on an often misunderstood topic, then check out Elliot's book. His website is quite good too.

No comments: