WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, January 08, 2007

Precious Children

Tomorrow I am to conduct a graveside service at a local cemetary. Like most folks in ministry I have done many of these, but tomorrow will be different. This is a service in honor of a little baby girl who lived less than 24 hours. I did a similar funeral service many years ago, but I was at a different position in life back then. I was still single. Now I have 3 precious children and, yes, that has changed things for me. I feel an entirely different level of sorrow and sympathy this time. I hope I get through this. I know it will be hard for me and I certainly can't fathom what the parents must be experiencing. Please pray for the service and for the parents (they are Christians).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. A few years ago I had to do a funeral for a baby who was a few months old that had been shaken to death by the father. It was a horrible situation. It had to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in ministry. My prayers will be with you brother.