WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Birthday Parties


We celebrate 3 Willis birthdays in January. We haven't even recovered from Christmas but that's aniother story. These days things have certainly changed in the realm of brrthday parties. When I was a boy...way "back in the day"...things were much simpler. We would sing "Happy Bithday," have some cake & ice cream and open the present(s). Now every birthday is an extravaganza complete with games, decroations, etc. Also, you must find some really fun venue: Chucky Cheese, Putt-Putt, swimming pool, etc. It seems everybody is trying to "one up" the last party too. Now you don't just get gifts but you must have gifts for each of the attendees! This can run up the tab quickly. These events, while cool, are quite expensive. Also, being a preacher, my children get invited to a large number of parties. Let's not even talk about the cost of buying all these gifts. I guess I'm getting old as I long for simpler times.

No comments: