WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Port


Well I'm recovering from an "all nighter." Our church worked with the local Port Winter Shelter Progam yesterday afternoon through this morning. Port is a mobile homeless shelter that moves to different church buildings each week. We had about 30 people volunteer to serve at the shelter. We provided meals and helped with checking in/out, giving out bedding, securing belongings, etc. It was both thought provoking and fun. I really enjoyed working and hanging out with my brothers & sisters from Olivet. Our folks simply did a great job and everyone seeemed ready to commit to doing it again. Times like last night are blessing for many reasons: We got to practice our faith through service. We got to work together. We were reminded of how blessed we are to have homes & jobs & families & friends. I'm looking forward to our next night at Port.

No comments: