WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Warren uses the J-word and a few more...

Rick Warren's invocation was much anticipated and controversial before it was ever uttered. You can easily find it on the internet if you missed it. I'm posting the last part...

"I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life -- Yeshua, Isa, Jesús, Jesus -- who taught us to pray:

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.
Amen."


So, Rick did use the J-word(s), the I-word, the Y-word on purpose (pun intened)! I can only imagine what would've been said had he delivered these words at McCain's inauguration instead of Obama's. I'll be interested to see the fallout or lack thereof in the media.

No comments: