WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Class at OCC


Last Sunday we started a new Sunday school class at Olivet. We had a great turnout numerically with several folks coming for the first time. That was encouraging. The best part for me was seeing my friend Billy Dyer in action. I spent significant time talking with Billy discussing the Scriptures and theology, etc. I knew he was a serious student and was knowledgeable of God's word. I knew I liked his blog. I knew he had been well trained at Summit Theological Seminary. I, however, had yet to see him in action --- teaching. I was impressed with his content as well as his presentation. He was prepared and we learned. It was great and he was well received. I plan on recording future classes and posting them on the church website. I encourage you to check it out. I'll post a link here when it happens.

No comments: