WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Saturday, March 07, 2009

T-ball

Signed my boy up for T-ball this morning. I think he will like it. I never was much into the diamond sports although I did my time in little league and have played softball here and there. I did like the hats nd the hotdogs and those people whop offered money for homeruns (collecting was a challenge however). Admittedly, all parents tend to see amptitudes in their children that others may not. For example most of us are amazed at how smart our children are, how naturally talented they are, etc. As biased as I am I do see Preston having some pretty good baseball skills. When he was barely walking he could hiot a ball with a bat! (Sounds like a good story to tell after he makes it to the Majors!). We don't play much (I'm sure that will now change) but he hits well and can throw too. He just gets rapidly discouraged if he doesn't do everything perfectly right off the bat (pun intended). So I'll be doing my best baseball Barnabas routine in the next few weeks. Here's to another chapter in our family's youth sports lives...

No comments: