WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Interesting Contrast

Last night we held a meeting for those who had committed to helping serve on day/night at a homeless shelter here in town. We had 20-25 people show up. I was pleasanttly surprised with the tunrout but also for another reqson... The meeting was held in a room where I regularly teach on an adult Bible study on Wednesday nights. What struck me was that of the 20-25 people present this past Tuesday (same attendance on Wednesdays) ONLY ONE PERSON, excluding myself, was present in both groups. I'm sure I could put my interpretation hat on an explain this, but I won't. I did find this very interesting and will continue to ponder this for a while.

No comments: