WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Open Pandora's Box


I found this free streaming music site recently and it's really very cool. Basically you select and artist or a song and they build a music station that reflects that preference. I have several "stations" that I have set up. Pandora is pretty extensive and offers a real range of music types. Here are some of my stations: Elvis, P.O.D. , Harry Connick Jr., Hall & Oates, Third Day, Jim Reeves, Project 86, Mute Math, Michel Buble, Trace Adkins, Chris Isaak, Superchic(k) & more... It is a great way to discover new (or old) artists that sound like performers you already like. They've also added a new "Quickmix" feature so you can play all your stations together.

WARNING: Pandora doesn't seem to consider lyrical content when finding similar artists for your station(s). So a Christian group like Project 86 will generate similar style bands but the lyrics may be quite different.

No comments: