WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, October 09, 2006

"You can't have that in here"


Yesterday I struck up a conversation with a new face at church. He was a young casually dressed soldier from Montana. I usually ask new folks how they found us. His answer was a story like those I've read about. He said he started the morning at another church but ended up with us where he "felt comfortable." He said two guys at work told him about their churches. He went to fellow soldier #1's church first and entered the building with his cup of coffee. He said he was approached by a woman who didn't identify herself or even greet him. She simply said, "You can't have that in here" and walked away. He exited the building to put his coffee back in his car and then decided he should give fellow soldier #2's church a try instead. He also said everybody was really dressed up at the other place like it was a fashion show. So after the coffee incident he chose to give us a try. I'm glad he came and felt comfortable with us but I'm continuallly amazed at "church folks." If that lady ends up in heaven I hope her mansion is next to a Starbucks!

No comments: