WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Saturday, June 20, 2009

My boy is brilliant


We are riding in our van last night when a most memorable conversation takes place between Delaney (8), Preston (6) & yours truly.

Delaney asks: "Where are we going?"

I reply: "We are going to the store."

She asks: "Why are we going to the store?"

I reply with my own question: "Why do we usually go to the store?"

Preston pipes in: "To buy stuff that we dont even need."

BRILLIANT! That's all I can say. My boy is wise beyond his years!!!

3 comments:

Levi said...

is there more to the story or am I missing something?

David H. Willis said...

Preston's comment simply reminded that we often waste $$$ on stuff we don't need. Amny trips to the store result in impusle buys or purchases as junk that we could easily do without. It struck me as I thought of how much time/$$$ has been wasted in this way.

Levi said...

i didn't see the whole conversation that is brilliant! Now the question is did you buy stuff you didn't need?