WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We did it...

We did it... Team Fallen soldier did 150 miles in 2 days. I've never done anything like this before and it was genuinely a great time. Everything exceeded my expectations: food was plentiful and good, the location of the camp was lovely - right on the Chesapeake Bay, the pool was very nice, the showers were hot, the dorms had cold ac & no one even snored! Tammy & I enjoyed the time away together and I 'm pretty sure we will do it again. We even landed a free hotel room in the historic Cape Charles Hotel the night before the ride began. Another team had some no shows and someone told some friends/teammates (Barry & Lisa) who hooked us up. The ride itself was enjoyable. It was fun to ride without a bunch of traffic, turns & stoplights. I enjoyed the scenery too - old farmhouses, waterfront, open land, wooded (shaded) areas. There were rest stops throughout the ride, about every 10 miles or so. There was plenty of water/beverages and a variety of snacks. My favorite was the peanut butter & banana sandwich (tasty). Each day en
ended with an ice cold towel which I promptly wrapped around my neck - this was another pleasant surprise. The best, perhaps, were the Red Bulls that were available at the very last rest stop of day two - somebody deserves big props for thinking of that. Anyway, I highly recommend the MS-150 at Cape Charles. If you want to join our team just let me know.

5 comments:

Levi said...

Way to go guys! "Tick" would be proud. Hope your muscles are recovering. Again way to go!

Anonymous said...

You da man!

Soren said...

Great job! Y'all look fantastic!

Melissa said...

That's awesome! Glad you guys were able to experience that :)

Anonymous said...

Good job man! A great accomplishment.