WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Weirdness

Preaching on Easter should be the highlight of the year in many ways. However, I usually stress out, lose sleep and lay an egg of a sermon. It's weird. It's kind of like being a guest speaker because so many "regulars" are gone and so many new faces are their. Don't get me wrong... I'm happpy to see the new faces but I've already prepared for the drop back to "normal" attendance next Sunday. It's frustrating because I want folks to really get what it means to believe in Jesus. I guess I've been a Christian so long that I don't understand how folks can "go to church" on Easter and simply return to their every day lives unchanged.

No comments: