WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hoodwinked



Phil Hendie. Ever heard of him? I discovered him years ago when I was working 3rd shift in a warehouse. As I would ride to work I'd listen and at first I couldn't believe how over the top his guests were. After a couple of nights, I started to think this was all just too unbelievable. Well it is. Phil actually makes up guests and does the voices for these "people." He then carries on interviews with these "guests" who always say simply outrageous stuff. The best part is the callers. Many listeners know its all a gag, but there is always someone out there who will call in ready to take on the "crazy guest." Phil is terrific at being able to have rapid fire conversations with callers & "guests" simultaneously. I don't know how he keeps the voices straight. It is all too funny.

No comments: