WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?

I grew up when Diff'rent Strokes was a popular television show. That's no big deal unless your last name is Willis. To this day I still hear those famous words popularized by Arnold: "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" Usually they are uttered by someone looking at me as though I may have never heard it before. Yeah, right! Well this blog is what I (Willis) am talkin bout...my thoughts, observations & opinions. Enjoy...



Monday, September 11, 2006

What goes around...


From "The New Republic" - "Then came Macaca-gate, a historically idiotic blunder in which, at a lily-white rally in southwest Virginia, Allen singled out a Webb campaign volunteer of Indian descent for ridicule, twice calling the young man "Macaca"--a term that, in certain Francophone countries (including Tunisia, from which Allen's mother hails), is a derogatory epithet for dark-skinned folk. Thanks to botched damage-control by Team Allen, the flub quickly became national news, the senator's poll numbers began sinking, and Virginians suddenly had themselves a real race. " OOPS! It seems like I remember Sen. Allen throwing Trent Lott under the bus when the Mississippi senator made his infamous comments at Strom Thurmond's birthday party. Well, George, like they say: What goes around comes around!

PS. I'm still voting for you!

No comments: